Sunday, November 27, 2011

Unit Profile: Sanguinary Priests

As much as I know you all enjoy hearing me talk, today is a gallery day. Look forward to lots of images in this one.


     I will admit, they weren't all entirely built by me so I can't take all the credit for these guys. I did however paint them, and that's what I will be talking about. For the Blood Angels I have painted, I have used a bright red scheme, using Dheneb Stone as the base coat and pure Blood Red on top of that. For regular Blood Angel marines, I paint the chapter symbol using only Dheneb Stone. I like the look of stone colours on Space Marines, and so I usually use either Dheneb Stone or Codex Grey.
   For the Sanguinary Priests I felt I needed to deviate away from stone colours so that they would stand out more on the battlefield. Since they're basically apothecaries, white was the obvious colour of choice as it immediately triggers that recognition amongst most players. So instead of just using only Dheneb Stone, I followed up with a wash of Ice Blue on top with Skull White to cover the remaining Dheneb Stone.
   I targeted the most significant and visible areas for where to apply the white. All chapter symbols, any wings on plastrons and pauldrons, and in the case of the Terminator, the helmet. I still prefer to keep things like statuary and embellishments metallic, so I didn't apply white to those even if they included wings. I felt that doing so maintained the established style that the army already had, and keeping that cohesive look is priority to me.
   Now that the rules have been established, feel free to see how I applied them in paint.


Sanguinary Guard Sanguinary Priest
   I know that the Sanguinary Guard don't get specific priests of their own, but this was a special request so that he looked like he actually belonged with them when the Sanguinary Guard had a priest tagging along in the army list. It was a fun kitbash and I really liked how it turned out.




 Walking Sanguinary Priest

 
 



 Terminator Sanguinary Priest
 
 



Standard Jump Sanguinary Priest
 
 
 

 Another Jump Sanguinary Priest
 
 


 Special Guest Star Corbulo

 

    That's all for now. If you have any comments, concerns, questions, flames or feedback, feel free to leave it below. Look forward to a post including my entry to the Beasts of War Necron Concept Contest with all my concept sketches, rules and fluff. Until then

Signing off

Cursed13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...