Sunday, October 10, 2010

Concept Art: Ice World Table

After a quick trip down memory lane, I recalled some old ideas I had for a table. I've made countless number of these sketches, and forgotten about most of them. Some I've been able to find again, others have been lost to the void forever. Regardless, this one has survived, and I have remastered the old paper sketch into a more futuristic, high tech digital format using my trusty Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.



 The idea was to have some sort of bastion or castle on a giant ice cliff overlooking the frozen valley. As much as I like to see my own text, I'll leave it to your imagination this time. Just a note for scale, the darkest blue is ground level, first level. Every shade higher is the next level up, sloping up by 2 inches or so per level. The gray boxes are buildings of any design, be it futuristic or fantasy. If anyone wants to take my idea to modify and create, I'd love to see some pictures. I don't know when I'll get around to actually building it.

I also created these based off the same table idea. My Space Marine chapter has made its home on a frozen world which thaws only for a few months every year. In the polar regions where the Chapter's initiate's train and the Keep resides, there are large and reflective ice crystals that can disorient even the most stout of Marines.

For rules, anyone shooting out of, through, or between crystal bases have to take a night vision test to make sure they aren't shooting at reflections. I haven't gotten to test this out, but I thought it would be a fun idea. I made some renders of the terrain piece using Maya to get a better example. Do what you will with these, and if you do test out these rules with the terrain pieces, don't forget to take pictures and send them my way and tell me how it worked. That's all for now

Signing off,

Cursed13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...